The Shiatsu College offers a wide variety of workshops, events, short courses, local community grassroots initiatives and more. Courses include introductory Shiatsu workshops, for beginners to find out more about this wonderful healing art, as well as a rolling programme of related topics for all levels, from complete beginners to master classes. Workshops vary between the regional Branches and are updated regularly
Workshops are for:
- Complete beginners – to gain practical skills in working with your own energies and in helping others
- Complementary Therapists – to add to the skills you already have
- Professional Shiatsu Practitioner Diploma students
- All Shiatsu students, practitioners & teachers – to develop and expand your practice of Shiatsu and energy work
Shiatsu College Residential
The Shiatsu College’s famously popular Residential has changed format in recent years and combined with our annual Teachers’ Meeting. We’ve opened it out to invite all students: welcoming 1st Year Acupressure Certificate level and 2nd Year Zen Shiatsu students, as well as 3rd year Diploma students and all past Graduates! Click here for more details.
Click on each event title or photo to access more detailed information.
To change the layout of the events, click on the format name (set to “Posterboard” as default).
To select particular branches, click on Locations then highlight the branches whose information you want to display.
FREE – Open to all, just drop in
Come and join us to find out about the wonderful healing art of Shiatsu at our next open day. An opportunity to discover what shiatsu and acupressure therapy could offer you and find out about our workshops and courses.
You can try a seated Shiatsu taster treatment, meet teachers and graduates and discover our tranquil studio – and roof garden – in the heart of London.
We will also be celebrating the launch of our venue and home, Gong Bodywork, a lovely new complementary therapy hub, offering Shiatsu therapy, Ayurvedic, Feldenkrais Shin tai and Acupuncture.
Any questions, please feel free to get in touch for a friendly chat: email@example.com
Open to complete beginners
An exciting and fun exploration into the principles of Shiatsu, this very practical workshop is great for anyone curious about Shiatsu and energy work or for those of you already practising some form of therapeutic work and interested in broadening your skills.
* Explore the foundations of Shiatsu – Ki and Yin / Yang
* Enjoy sensing and developing Ki awareness
* Learn simple exercises for your own health and wellbeing
* Learn a basic routine to treat friends and family
Open to Shiatsu Practitioners
Learn the importance of the Extraordinary Vessels for female clients: understand the changes in the menstrual cycle and key changes in pregnancy .
You may or may not be working with women trying to conceive and pregnant women, but you feel that you would like a deeper understanding of how to support women and their families during this potentially challenging yet exciting time. You may even be afraid or unsure of how to work with certain aspects of pregnancy. The most effective way to support conception, pregnancy, and indeed the whole maternity period is to include work with the Core Four Extraordinary Vessels, not simply Conception and Governing Vessel. This course will help you understand more fully the powerful Extraordinary Vessels.
- Understand why the key Extraordinary Vessels of Penetrating Vessel (Sea of Blood) and Girdle Vessel are so fundamental to menstruation, conception and pregnancy
- Learn key changes during the menstrual cycle and pregnancy
- Learn positioning issues for pregnancy
- Understand more about your own connection to the menstrual cycle and pregnancy
- Learn how to work sensitively and effectively with low risk women in the second and third trimester
TO BOOK please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form or to ask questions.
About Trainer Suzanne Yates
Suzanne is a body-worker and birth educator, BA (Hons), DipHSEC, MRSS(T), APNT, PGCE
Suzanne has been developing a holistic approach to maternity since 1989. Motivated by her first pregnancy, she began to deepen her professional shiatsu and massage work to specialise in maternity care. She established ‘Well Mother’ in 1990, teaching shiatsu, massage and exercise to women and their partners in Bristol, UK, to help them connect with the wisdom of their body.
As well as her clinical work in Bristol, she runs training courses world wide for massage/shiatsu therapists, midwives and childbirth educators. She has written 3 books; “Shiatsu for Midwives” (Elsevier 2003), “Beautiful Birth” (for parents, Caroll and Brown 2008) and “Pregnancy and Childbirth (Elsevier 2010). Her passion is in integrating eastern and approaches to provide holistic maternity care.