The Shiatsu College offers a wide variety of workshops, events, short courses, local community grassroots initiatives and more. Courses include introductory Shiatsu workshops, for beginners to find out more about this wonderful healing art, as well as a rolling programme of related topics for all levels, from complete beginners to master classes. Workshops vary between the regional Branches and are updated regularly
Workshops are for:
- Complete beginners – to gain practical skills in working with your own energies and in helping others
- Complementary Therapists – to add to the skills you already have
- Professional Shiatsu Practitioner Diploma students
- All Shiatsu students, practitioners & teachers – to develop and expand your practice of Shiatsu and energy work
Shiatsu College Residential
The Shiatsu College’s famously popular Residential has changed format in recent years and combined with our annual Teachers’ Meeting. We’ve opened it out to invite all students: welcoming 1st Year Acupressure Certificate level and 2nd Year Zen Shiatsu students, as well as 3rd year Diploma students and all past Graduates! Click here for more details.
Click on each event title or photo to access more detailed information.
To change the layout of the events, click on the format name (set to “Posterboard” as default).
To select particular branches, click on Locations then highlight the branches whose information you want to display.
FREE – Open to all, just drop in
Come and join us to find out about the wonderful healing art of Shiatsu at our next open day. An opportunity to discover what shiatsu and acupressure therapy could offer you and find out about our workshops and courses.
You can try a seated Shiatsu taster treatment, meet teachers and graduates and discover our tranquil studio – and roof garden – in the heart of London.
We will also be celebrating the launch of our venue and home, Gong Bodywork, a lovely new complementary therapy hub, offering Shiatsu therapy, Ayurvedic, Feldenkrais Shin tai and Acupuncture.
Any questions, please feel free to get in touch for a friendly chat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to Shiatsu Graduates
As Shiatsu Practitioners, how can we gracefully support our clients and ourselves during the death or dying process?
Death and dying will touch us all as therapists at some point and can affect us deeply, yet in our culture death is seldom spoken about openly for fear of causing distress to others or to ourselves. This weekend therefore, is a precious opportunity to reflect on our personal beliefs about death, our involvement with critical illness and the impact that the topic of death and dying might have on our client at multiple levels.
In a safe and supportive space, we will begin to:
- Explore how death is viewed in Chinese Medicine
- Address the energetic patterns of dying on the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels
- Reflect on our personal ethical and / or spiritual approach towards death and how this influences our practice
- Explore how we can best create a supportive space for ourselves and our clients during the dying process
- Discuss counselling, listening techniques, integrating beliefs and working with compassionate awareness
We will share our experiences, using gentle reflective and creative means: meditation, personal and collaborative reflection, and, of course, Shiatsu.
For booking information please contact Jane Lyons on email@example.com
Tamsin began her Shiatsu practice in 1992 after training at the Glasgow School of Shiatsu. She has recently taught about Shiatsu with cancer/MS/ME and IBS in Norway, delivered a two-part maternity course in Paris, and given a workshop and demonstration of Shiatsu with young children at the European Shiatsu Congress in Switzerland.