The Shiatsu College offers a wide variety of workshops, events, short courses, local community grassroots initiatives and more. Courses include introductory Shiatsu workshops, for beginners to find out more about this wonderful healing art, as well as a rolling programme of related topics for all levels, from complete beginners to master classes. Workshops vary between the regional Branches and are updated regularly
Workshops are for:
- Complete beginners – to gain practical skills in working with your own energies and in helping others
- Complementary Therapists – to add to the skills you already have
- Professional Shiatsu Practitioner Diploma students
- All Shiatsu students, practitioners & teachers – to develop and expand your practice of Shiatsu and energy work
Shiatsu College Residential
The Shiatsu College’s famously popular Residential has changed format in recent years and combined with our annual Teachers’ Meeting. We’ve opened it out to invite all students: welcoming 1st Year Acupressure Certificate level and 2nd Year Zen Shiatsu students, as well as 3rd year Diploma students and all past Graduates! Click here for more details.
Click on each event title or photo to access more detailed information.
To change the layout of the events, click on the format name (set to “Posterboard” as default).
To select particular branches, click on Locations then highlight the branches whose information you want to display.
Open to Shiatsu Practitioners
One’s life is conducted by one’s spirit…a treatment has to move the spirit to restore wellbeing…In creating a quiet space through a quiet mind and body, illumination comes…The spirit moves because the environment of the space encourages it to be moved….Well-rooted presence and virtue of the practitioner are key to this environment. Close windows and shut doors to create a space that is calm and quiet enough for concentration, so you can promote a relationship of unity between your spirit and the patient. [Ling Shu (1,8,9) and Su Wen (27)]
In Shiatsu, we know the power of touch, yet for centuries manual therapy has been considered the lowest of the healing arts, across cultures. It is urgent we change this and put Shiatsu and/or Sei-ki in its proper place as the King (or Queen) of medicine, as Masunaga intended. Touch is the missing piece of the mindfulness revolution and we have a great opportunity to present this to the world. To do so, we must become more skilled with language and develop sesshin, our inner space of authority from which to speak.
This workshop is the first of many to explore language and touch and the questions we must ask ourselves, alongside the language of touch, in sesshin. In this combination of Sei-Ki and Clean Language, Alice Whieldon and Nick Pole bring a collaborative approach to teaching and learning, with the aim of helping you find your own best way to explore the sense of yourself as person and practitioner.
- Will develop listening touch (sesshin) to let the body speak
- With a few simple questions, invite the verbal mind to listen and resume its role as the intelligent servant of the heart
- Will sharpen your skill in language to develop discernment and authority
- Will place the role of practitioner within a wider context of history and society
- Facilitate you in building your practitioner identity and ability to speak about what you do
- Give you tools to work with your clients with language, complimentary to your touch
- This is a collaborative space where you are supported in experimenting; together we can experience the joy that comes from breaking down the walls between us
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org