“I loved learning with the Shiatsu College, it was the best thing I ever did!” Linda Sonntag
- Open to complete beginners
- Train to become a professional Shiatsu Practitioner
- Part-time, weekend study for 3 years
- Includes participation in Shiatsu College Residential during Year 3
- Creative and flexible approach to assignments
- Direct Entry into Year 2 is possible via Accredited Prior Learning (APL)
You will receive an in-depth training in Zen Shiatsu, supported by its underlying foundations in Chinese Medicine – including the location and use of Acupressure Points. The training includes an online Holistic Anatomy course plus study of the physiology and pathology of the body/mind, from both Eastern and Western perspectives. These studies will be informed by recent developments in understanding, for example of the liquid crystal structure of connective tissue and its relevance to healing touch.
What will I learn?
- To be a proficient professional Shiatsu practitioner – how to develop and manage a professional practice
- Zen Shiatsu, theory and practice – how to diagnose and treat effectively with Shiatsu
- The roots of Shiatsu in Traditional Chinese Medicine – integration of theory and practice
- The extended Meridian System, treating a range of specific health problems
- Western anatomy, physiology and pathology – online learning modules
- To enhance your own wellbeing and personal development
You will be learning in a highly supportive environment with experienced teachers plus applying what you learn to the healing of others. Study in the final year also includes creating case studies, attending clinics and tutorials to prepare you for setting up your own Shiatsu practice.
The College’s Shiatsu Practitioner Diploma course is unique in the UK in being nationally accredited with Laser Learning Awards, as well as being fully ratified by the Shiatsu Society (UK). Graduates of the Diploma course gain credits that are recognised by employers and educational establishments. They also become MRSS (Member of the Register of the Shiatsu Society) upon graduation.
Who is the Course for?
- Complete beginners – to gain practical skills in working with your own energies and in helping others. Open to all ages and backgrounds
- Complementary Therapists – to add to the skills you already have
Opportunity to Train in 2 Years
Are you a qualified Massage Therapist, Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist or similar? The Shiatsu College is happy to consider individuals transferring skills from other allied modalities to gain Direct Entry into the 2nd year of the Diploma course – applicants are assessed individually via interview
Find out more
Please visit the page for each Branch to find out dates and fees. Click here for the list of Branches or use the menu at the top of this page.