“I like the way that it’s fun learning such a complicated material. Each assignment was a step forward, and even though it will take time to learn all this new language, this course makes it easy and possible!” Maria, Norwich
The course teaches anatomy, physiology and pathology (AP&P) of all body systems. This unique course references both the traditional western AP&P model and critically examines new paradigms in the field – tensegrity, the cellular matrix and the connective tissue as a communication system. It is delivered via online learning and an optional one-day workshop. This course is part of the Shiatsu Diploma but can also be taken as a stand-alone course.
- Open to beginners and any complementary therapists or interested practitioners from linked modalities (Yoga, Qigong etc)
- Creative and engaged learning – interactive forum discussions, shared learning, quizzes, video and audio links
- ‘Try before you buy’ and flexible study in your own time
- Accredited with Laser Learning Awards – our AP&P Units are Level 3 with combined Credit Value of 33.
- Fully insurable by the complementary therapy industry’s major insurers.
As well as studying anatomical language students learn to listen to themselves and to observe others – the Shiatsu College aims to add some depth to the industry standard!
What will I learn?
- The course teaches anatomy, physiology and pathology of all body systems; skeletal, muscular, cells and respiratory, nervous, senses, lymphatic, digestive, cardio, endocrine, reproductive, urinary
- The course is unique in its emphasis on new paradigms in the field – tensegrity, the cellular matrix, the connective tissue as a communication system and more
- Students reference traditional Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology texts and also critically examine new concepts from the work of Thomas Myers, James Oschman and Deanne Juhan
Each module starts with an Overview giving clear learning outcomes; links to information range from BBC ‘Bite Size’ revision sites to Royal Society lectures; videos connecting Yoga stretches to bones and muscles aid learning in the anatomy modules, quizzes and forum discussions create a community of learners with a shared interest in Holistic Bodywork
What do I get?
The cost of the course for individuals is £435 which includes:
- Full access to online learning via shiatsucollegeonline.co.uk
- All assessment fees
- Full accreditation and certification fees re Laser Learning Awards
- An instalment option is available – initial deposit of £135, with balance payable as 3 x £100 spread over the course
For those who would like only to take the Anatomy component, the fee for individuals is £240
For schools, we have a sliding scale of reduced fees for block bookings. Please contact Annie Cryar (see below for contact details) for more information.
Find out more
We encourage you to ‘try before you buy’ so you can gain temporary enrolment for free and browse through the course. Please contact 0800 690 6349 or use our contact form and select Hastings.