Welcome to the Brighton Branch of The Shiatsu College.
Our next Holistic Acupressure Certificate and Professional Shiatsu Practitioner Diploma courses start in September 2021 and the planning for these dates are underway, so if you are interested in these studies please make contact to express your interest and we will keep you updated for registration.
The Brighton College branch is based at the Sussex MS Centre, a beacon of integrated healthcare in the South East area. Our students come from all over the region and over the years, together we have built a supportive, effective network of clinics and events that encourage students to connect out with the wider community. Experience that is so beneficial for becoming a professional practitioner.
Grassroots Sunday Shiatsu – Movement & Self-Care online
- Learn about Shiatsu by experiencing the movement of Qi and qualities involved. We’ll be sharing creative classes to help nourish & re-vitalise ourselves, whilst encouraging more understanding about the amazing healing art of Shiatsu.
- First Sunday of each month via Zoom 10>11am
- The sessions are suitable for beginners and those with limited mobility. Informal, interactive and informative. Hope to see you there!
Online Community – free Qigong classes
- Qigong classes with Debbie Collins and Claire Gilliver – nurture yourself with mindful movement and visualisations.
- Classes running regularly, Mondays and Thursdays. These are on-line Zoom sessions, open to all abilities, levels of health and suitable for joining in seated.
- All you need are comfy clothes and room to stand or sit with arms open wide. Using simple, ancient meditative and flowing forms, you can energise and relax your whole body, mind and spirit.
Click this link, for your FREE/donation-only Qigong class, and to get the Zoom links.
Grassroots Shiatsu – one day or weekend workshop and evening classes
Suitable for beginners and more confident practitioners, these classes will start again in the new year. They’re a good way of having taster sessions, learning new skills to share with family and friends, or deepening your existing practice. So watch this space for up coming dates and venues. Put your name on our e-mailing list, so you don’t miss out on any upcoming events.
The Sussex Multiple Sclerosis Centre, Southwick Recreation Ground, Croft Avenue, Southwick, West Sussex, BN42 4AB
Brighton Shiatsu College E-News
To join our e-news mailing list please email email@example.com
Fees for 2021/22:
(includes online Anatomy course & LASER registration)
(includes online Physiology & Pathology course)
(includes online Physiology & Pathology course, National Residential & LASER registration)
Please make contact and we will send you a registration form. Secure your place by returning the completed registration form and paying the non-refundable deposit of £260. (if the course is undersubscribed we reserve the right to cancel or postpone, in which case your deposit will be returned to you swiftly.)
The balance of the fees can be paid in 6 monthly instalments from October to March.
Although we offer easy payments terms, starting the course does make you liable to pay the full balance of the fees, whether you complete the course or not.
Dates for 2021/22
April 01 – 04 is our National Residential.
* The College runs a very popular annual Residential course as part of the Diploma training. This is now open to all levels, including post-graduate students. Diploma students are required to attend the Residential as part of their Year 3
Additional Workshops & Classes:
Experiencing the every-changing Yin & Yang
Everything can be divided into Yin & Yang: long & short, hot & cold, day & night. Nothing stays completely still. Join us for some Shiatsu Self-care and Movement– discover Yin & Yang changing within yourself.
To register for this and any of the subsequent Grassroots Sunday Shiatsu sessions, please click here.
Brighton Teaching Team:
Debbie Collins FwSS
Debbie has over 20 years experience of teaching Shiatsu and working as a Shiatsu practitioner. Inspired by the power of integrated medicine her aim is making the benefits, practice and principles of Shiatsu accessible and understandable to all. As well as teaching and practising in Brighton, UK she has over the past 5 years built a practice in The Hague, Netherlands and is teaching at CSMBK. Debbie is a Shiatsu Society Assessor, Qigong teacher and also a qualified Massage Therapist. She has extensive experience in treating psychological and substance misuse issues through Pathways to Health and chronic conditions through working at Sussex Multiple Sclerosis Centre.
Claire Gilliver FwSS
Claire is a member of the Shiatsu Society UK and has a thriving Shiatsu practice in Brighton and Lewes; specialising in psychological and emotional health. Also regularly working at Southdown’s Housing Trust, Mental Health Recovery Centre, for over 10 years ; taking Shiatsu out into the community. Her teaching style and humour, brings the theory side of the course to life and opens up students’ potential. As well as Shiatsu she teaches Qigong.
Angie Hell FwSS
Angie has been working with Shiatsu in both Brighton and Shoreham and has been teaching with the Shiatsu College since 2017. Her attention to detail and grasp of Shiatsu theory make her the go-to person for tricky questions!